Visiting our site or using our services from outside the United States
What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites, personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is information that you supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you complete a survey, register on the Sites, upload content, participate in a community, or provide your e-mail address. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Sites and the Internet.
As a general matter, you can browse the Sites without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us or our agents with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information.
- Submission of an inquiry via the Sites
- Registration for an event sponsored by Virridy
- Submitting an application to work at Virridy
- Participation in surveys
- Signing up to receive alerts or other information via email, text or instant message from Virridy
- Requests for customer service, support requests or other assistance
- Sites related communications, e.g. account verification; technical notification
- Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the Sites that permits it
- Any other place on the Sites where you knowingly volunteer personal information
In addition, when you interact with the Sites, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Sites (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Sites. This information may include browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the Sites.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring Sites addresses.
- Other information regarding your use of the Sites that is not Personal Information.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We do not use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons or other technology that tracks your browsing history across multiple Sites.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Sites. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- To upload your content to our Sites as you request
- To communicate with you about your inquiries of us
- To communicate with you about changes to our policies
- To personalize content and experiences on our Sites, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
- To disclose anonymized Personal Information to disclose statistics and analytics and other details regarding the use of our Sites.
- To optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- To automatically update the Sites on your device
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Sites
Combination of Your Personal Information
We use the information from one portion of the Sites on other portions of the Sites or elsewhere in our network of Sites and other interactive features, or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by Virridy, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Sites into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
Business Partners and Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with our other business partners working with us from time to time as part of our delivery of our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to our sharing of your Personal Information with business partners at any time by following the opt-out process described below.
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, push notifications, storage, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Sites.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Sites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Sites or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Sites or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We exercise care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our Sites are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Virridy, its Affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at [email protected].
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Site?
Changes to This Policy
Information for Users in Europe and Elsewhere Outside The U.S.
If you use our Sites outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. If applicable, you may have a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of relevant data protection laws.
Additional Information for Users in the European Union (EEA) and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing
As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our Sites and Services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Sites where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Right to lodge a complaint
Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. Upon the start of enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights:
- The right to request data erasure – you have the right to have your data erased from our Sites if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing – you have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
- The right to object to automated decision making – you have a right to avoid being subject to automated decision making and insist on human intervention if we make an automated decision that produces a legal or a similarly significant effect on you.
What Are Your Choices and How Do You Opt-Out?
We believe you should have choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our Sites, you can limit the collection, use and sharing of your personally identifiable information.
Collection of Personal Information. All personally identifiable information is provided on a voluntary basis. If you do not want Virridy to collect such information, you should not submit it to the Sites. However, doing so will restrict your ability to access some content and use some of the functionality of the Sites.
Emails and Other Communications. If you would like to alter the type of communications you receive from us, including opting out of promotional communications from us, you may do so at any time by notifying us at [email protected]. Please note that this may affect your ability to access certain products and services, and we may continue to send non-promotional communications.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. You may review and change your information by sending us a request at [email protected]. Be advised that we may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also limiting your user experience. You will not be permitted to examine the Personal Information of any other person or entity and may be required to provide us with Personal Information to verify your identity prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete Personal Information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Virridy who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected].